OUR HOTEL’S NEAR MALECÓN 2000, LAS PEÑAS & OTHER LOCAL ATTRACTIONS
Relax in a local park. See the historic sites. Stroll down a waterfront boardwalk. There is no shortage of things to do in Guayaquil. Experience the rich history and culture of our beautiful city during your stay.
Hemiciclo de la Rotonda (1.4 km) – Also known just as La Rotonda, this monument at the beginning of Boulevard 9 de Octubre memorializes the only interview between liberators Simon Bolivar and San Martin, which took place on July 26, 1822 during Ecuador’s fight for independence from Spain.
Malecón 2000 (1.6 km) – This must-see boardwalk features vibrant gardens, historic statues and monuments, restaurants, museums, playgrounds and even a movie theater. You’ll also find street vendors and a food court serving everything from local Ecuadorian dishes to Italian and Chinese cuisine.
Santa Ana Hill (2.9 km) – Guayaquil’s only hillside is where the city was first founded. It offers fantastic views of the city and surrounding wetlands. From the bottom, it’s 44 steps to the El Fortin lookout, lighthouse, open-air museum and fort and the Santa Ana Chapel.
Las Peñas (2.9 km) – Situated at the base of Santa Ana Hill, this waterfront neighborhood features colorful, historic homes and quaint cafes that are perfect for lunching and people watching.
Parque de las Iguanas (1.5 km) – Get up close and personal with wild iguanas in this unique park. The iguanas are used to humans, and may even climb onto if you sit in one place for too long.
Malecón del Salado (1 km) – Escape the city center and stroll along this intimate boardwalk lining an inland waterway. The linear park features pathways, plazas and green spaces, and is the gateway to Urdesa, one of Guayaquil's most popular restaurant districts.
More Points of Interest
- Parque Centenario, 350 m
- Plaza Rodolfo Baquerizo Moreno, 700 m
- Iglesia San Francisco, 1.2 km
- Catedral Metropolitana de Guayaquil, 1.3 km
- Seminario Park, 1.5 km
- Torre Morisca, 1.8 km
- Palacio Municipal, 1.8 km
- Buque Escuela Guayas, 2 km
- Palacio de Cristal, 2.1 km
- Museo Del Bombero, 2.2 km
- Plaza de la Integración Sur-Norte, 2.2 km
- Cinemamalecón, 2.3 km
- Museo El Fortín Del Cerro Santa Ana, 2.6 km
- Forestal Park / Eloy Alfaro Civic Center Theater, 3 km
- Museo De Los Equipos Del Astillero, 3.1 km
- Cerro Del Carmen, 3.1 km
- Isla Santay, 4.4 km
- Teatro Sanchez Aguilar, 8.7 km
- Parque Histórico Guayaquil, 8.8 km
- Parque Historico, Zoologico, 9 km
- Museo del Cacao y Chocolate, 9 km
- Jardín Botánico, 13.9 km
Sports Arenas & Convention Centers
- Coliseo Voltaire Paladines Polo, 1.3 km
- Estadio Modelo Alberto Spencer Herrera, 1.6 km
- Estadio George Capwell, 2.5 km
- Estadio Monumental Isidro Romero Carbo, 4.8 km
- Centro de Convenciones de Guayaquil Simón Bolívar, 4 km
- Mercado Artesanal, 1.7 km
- Ecua-Andino Hats, 2.6 km
- Plaza del Sol, 4.2 km
- Mall Del Sol, 5.3 km
- Village Plaza, 8.2 km
- Plaza Lagos Town Center, 13.5 km
- Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, 1.8 km
- Universidad de Guayaquil, 2.9 km
- Universidad de Especialidades Espíritu Santo (UEES), 8.7 km